Back in action with a new look2 min read Published by Lee Reamsnyder Permalink
Oh, how you can get sucked into doing so many other things when you just want to change the color scheme a bit…
Anyway, the new hotness:
- The colors are a little different, obviously.
- New navigation up top. It should have some little slick animations if you look at it in Firefox 4, Chrome, or Safari.
- I’m using the very fetching Symbolicons icon set now. See the blog page on a desktop browser to get the biggest sample.
- The home page has a different layout now. I decided to try something different from the slideshow thing I was doing.
- I put in some switches so that if a blog entry goes long, I can present a short version on the blog page with a link to the full text. Some entries were getting way too long to present in full.
- I’m using web fonts from Typekit (Myriad Pro and FF Tisa Web Pro), so that should look nice.
Why the airplane for the logo?
Because airplanes are awesome. Duh.
Also, I wanted to make a little call back to my original site design, which had a thoroughly pointless airplane bursting through the clouds in the header. Like this:
Man. I wasn’t … good.